Monday, July 4, 2016

Trying Again!

The journey through life is full of successes and failures.  After attempting to set up my first blog, working on it for a week, and then finding the posts had completely disappeared, I decided to try again.  And that is the theme of this post: when your first attempt doesn't work out, keeping trying until it does!  That is a belief that I try to impart to my students everyday.  Things won't always go as planned but don't give up!

This Weblog is going to be a series of posts about my journey as a teacher and a graduate student at Boise State University.  I have created this Weblog for my Edtech 537 course: Blogging in the Classroom.  If all goes as planned (haha), I will continue to post beyond just the requirements of this class.  I hope you will join me on my journey...


4 comments:

  1. Welcome once again Joanna!!! Hopefully this blog will work out a bit better for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your blog background makes me feel so relaxed. I wanted to comment on your post here because honestly, technology is the biggest hindrance to using all these things we are learning in this graduate program...but my motto in class is "Take a deep breath and try again", so I feel we are in the same mindset!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your theme! Too often I see my students stop trying when they get frustrated. One of the shifts in Common Core talks about perseverance, something that I try to incorporate into my own lessons. I began my blog last January as a way to participate in the MTOBS (Math Twitter Blogosphere). Unfortunately, I did not have enough time to follow through, so I, too, am trying again. Here's to our growth mindset!!

    ReplyDelete