Saturday, August 6, 2016

How to Embed Audio into Your Blogpost

Embedding an audio link or podcast into your blogpost is easy peasy...IF you know how!
About a week ago I was tasked with embedding audio into one of my posts. "No problem!" I thought. "Piece of cake!" I thought.  I found the podcast I wanted to embed, obtained permission from the podcaster, wrote a short introduction.  All that was left was to do the embedding...
...It turns out that Blogger does not have a handy tab to embed audio.  You can easily create a link, add an image or add or video. But audio? Not so much. So I went to the Blogger Support Forum, read the suggestions, and tried to convert the podcast to an IMovie (which is what was suggested).  Turns out my 54 minute podcast would not easily convert to an IMovie due to the 30 minute time limit. Not to mention, all of the hassle of uploading pictures, uploading the podcast, migrating the pictures and audio...
...Three frustrating hours later, I requested help. I was quickly sent this video on embedding audio using a wonderful app called Soundcloud and less than 5 minutes later, had my podcast embedded!
So in order to save you the time and frustration I went through, here is the simple solution:
Hope this helps!!


3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about all the time spent trying to convert your podcast, Joanna. I'm glad you got the kinks out now during the class so it will be easier when you have less time during the school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am too! Moving onto coding next semester!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete