Monday, August 1, 2016

Say It with a Quote

I love quotes!  A.A. Milne and E.B. White are a few of my favorite authors to get quotes from.

"You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem,  and smarter than you think." Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne
Who could say it better than Pooh?  Or how about Charlotte:
"You have been my friend." replied Charlotte. "That in itself is a tremendous thing." from Charlotte's Web by E.B.White
Quotes can often express our inmost feelings and thoughts. I love to reflect upon quotes and encourage my students to do so as well.  Last year I decided to put a quote on the SmartBoard every morning and asked the students to read and discuss the quote with their group members.  Then they journaled or doodled about the quote and shared their thoughts with the class. I plan to begin our day the same way this year.

What are some of your favorite quotes?  How do they inspire you?

6 comments:

  1. I love quotes! This was a great idea for your image entry. One of my favorite quotes is "Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning for the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, & just see what happens." - Carrie Bradshaw This would be more of a life quote for me rather than a teacher quote, we both know that requires some planning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quotes are an amazing way to illstrate how we are feeling or about the topic being discussed. I have a friend who is a health teacher who starts EVERY day with a quote about life, hardwork or other thought-provoking topics. A quote by Albert Einstein,"The most important thing is to never stop questioning" is what I post on the first day of science class to remind students that science is all about questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great quote for school! I will have to use that one:)

      Delete
  3. Quotes are such a great conversation piece. I use them a lot on my blog as I can often find one that sums everything up very nicely. Winnie-the-Pooh is my all-time favorite. My brother painted the "Promise me" quote around the top of my nephew's bedroom but used this longer version: “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.” Then he painted all of them throughout the room. It was amazing!


    ReplyDelete